Friday, September 09, 2011

"Under the Sea" A new tunnel book

Just a few photos right now of a new journal I am working on.

It's far from done, but I just couldn't wait to share a little.

This is "Under the Sea", part tunnel book with a strong SteamPunk influence. I am just beginning to add adapted illustrations from the original "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea".

I had far too much fun adding the bottles of "Specimens" from Captain Nemo's vast collection he has on board his underwater vessel.

This past year I have had such a busy teaching schedule that I have had so very little time to indulge in the making of many new journals. Next year I have decided to really cut back on the workshops so that I have more time to play.

In the meantime, I have only 3 more teaching engagements scheduled for the rest of this year. There is still time to sign up. Hope to see you there!




20 comments:

Sue said...

Looks great.....love the steampunk feel to it:)

Нинель said...

It is a masterpiece! There are no words! I love your creativity very much very much!

bohemiannie! art said...

wow...just wow!

Sue Young said...

Ingrid , this is awesome!!! Cannot wait to see the rest of it! Maybe u can teach it in key largo some year! Wait til Elena sees it! She lives sea themes. I live sea and Steampunk do I am drooling!!! Does that large fish image come from the original book ???
Again, fabulous!
I leave tomorrow for my journaling class with Jill Berry in Italy!
Talk to u soon
Hugs, Sue

Прозрачная said...

I felt in love with this project! I'm your fan)))
***

Lotus said...

Steampunk, ocean, tunnel book....!!!!! AWESOME!!!!
You're so cool Ingrid... ; )
Lotus

Took said...

What a fantastic book (so far)!!!

Terri said...

What a fantastic voyage this will be..love what you have done so far!
Thanks for sharing!

Dianne Forrest Trautmann said...

What fun! I absolutely love that giant fish head!

Nicole Austin said...

i absolutely love you journals! so stunning.

Anonymous said...

I love your book! No wonder you are excited about it, it is great! I think the outside is totally steampunky cool!

Lynette (NZ) said...

Very very cool :-)

Carol Q said...

brilliant Ingrid. you are SO good at creating these. not coming to the UK yet then? lol

Unknown said...

This is beautiful

Oma's Patch said...

Love the steampunk look !!
~kate =)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I love the bottle attachments and the fish!!! Way cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I love the bottle attachments and the fish!!! Way cool!

Healing Woman said...

This is ingenious! I have just got to take a class from you one day.

Carin Winkelman said...

Wow! Your new book is absolutely gorgeous. I just love the little flasks on the side. Fabulous!

nishanut68 said...

I have never seen anything like this. I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...